"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Day 23 Juneathon - Summer? Fair!

Saturday 23 June 2012

Day 23 Juneathon - Summer? Fair!

Today was my school's summer fair and unfortunately due to the horrendous weather we all had to decamp from the school playing field to inside the building - or we might have been a) blown away or b) drowned! I was on the "hook-a -duck" (must be careful to get that right!) stall, but managed to get someone to cover my post whilst I cheered the fun runners on! Luckily by the time the run was due to start the rain had ceased momentarily!  We had managed to get one of the Olympic Torch bearers to come along (with torch) to the fun run and lead the run!  It created a fabulous atmosphere and the kids can now say they have run behind the Olympic torch and I can say I held it!


I had prearranged a run with my new running buddy Gina for 4pm.  When I got home from the fair I text to see if we were still going due to the awful weather!  Her words of wisdom were " you have to go out on days like today to appreciate the sunny ones!" so off we went in horrendous rain and high winds!  In a strange way I actually enjoyed competing with the elements, and was so pleased I went.  If I had been left to my own devices I would have wussed out and stayed dry at the gym! I have decided I need to do lots more hill reps! I managed to keep up with her pace until hills - and away she shot - powering up as if they were nothing! I WILL get better and faster running with her!  


I got home very wet and bedraggled but feeling kind to my family I decided it was pointless anyone else getting wet to take the dog out for a short round the block walk so I did!  It was a welcome cool down but the problem was very quickly I became bloody freezing! 


Today's contributions to Juneathon amounts to :


5.53 very wet running miles
0.53 walking miles 




Juneathons mileage:

    • Running - 86.1 miles 
    • Swim - 1.3 miles
    • Bike - 62.5 miles 
    • Walking -27.0 miles 
    • Rowing - 3.1 miles
    • Total -180.0 miles

    No comments:

    Post a Comment