"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Juneathon Day 22 - A Washout!

Friday 22 June 2012

Juneathon Day 22 - A Washout!


Olympic torch at Kendal Castle
Today was the day the Olympic torch came to Kendal and in true Lake District style it absolutely chucked it down! The  school I work at was opening late to allow the kids to see the torch so I was able to go too! All the town roads were closed for 2 hours so I had to walk in driving rain and strong winds! The torch passed in a flash but at least I can say I was there! I got to school resembling a drowned rat - at least I'd had the foresight to take a set of dry clothes and shoes so I wasn't soggy all day!  The kids all arrived drenched and windswept and having wet play times all day were like wild caged animals! We made our own Olympic torches which in my opinion were exact replicas! 
Our torches


After an extremely long day it was time to brave the journey home - yet again in the rain and wind! Another drenching and another change of clothes!


After being soaked through twice in one day I decided against going for a run and went to the gym instead and then for a swim and sauna!


So today's mileage is:


Walking: 3.32 very wet miles
Running: 2.28 treadmill miles
Cycling: 6.40 miles
Swimming: 0.39 miles


Juneathon Total:

  • Run - 20 - 80.6 mi - 12.6 hrs
  • Swim - 4 - 1.3 mi - 1.9 hrs
  • Bike - 7 - 62.5 mi - 5.1 hrs
  • Walk - 13 - 26.4 mi - 8.3 hrs
  • Cross - 8 - 3.1 mi - 2.8 hrs
  • Total - 52 - 174.0 mi - 30.7 hrs



No comments:

Post a Comment