"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Juneathon Day 16 - a wet and soggy one!

Saturday 16 June 2012

Juneathon Day 16 - a wet and soggy one!

It has rained all day today which does have one positive - I haven't sneezed at all today AND I am not drowning in snot! However, Torrential downpours have put me off a) doing a long run today as promised and b) braving the outside world! Instead I wussed out and went to the gym! Nothing to report because nothing happened out of the ordinary but I DID do the miles! Whilst on the treadmill I decided to play with speed and see what I could actually achieve speed-wise before I  fell off!  I started with my slow usual jog for my warm up, progressing up to 11KPH which is where I usually stay, however today I slowly increased the speed until I was running like the clappers on 13.2KPH! I maintained this speed for just over a minute before starting to decrease again to a more civilized pace! It was funny once I got back down to 11KPH which I usually think of as fast I felt like I was just having a gentle jog!  Perhaps there is some benefit in this speed lark!  I will persevere and see what I can do!



I managed 3.17 miles cycling to warm-up, then did some arm/weight machines, followed by 3.79 miles running on the treadmill, and finished off the session by doing 1.24 miles on the rowing machine! View my workout here.


TOMORROW is another day and ...


                    I promise to do my best,
to  love to run,
to serve the roads and my legs,
to help my heart
and
to keep the Janathon law!


Juneathon mileage:


Run - 15 activities - 58.3 miles- 8.9 hrs
Swim - 3 activities- 0.9 miles - 1.3 hrs
Bike - 5 activities- 31.9 miles- 2.3 hrs
Walk - 7 activities- 13.9 miles - 4.5 hrs
Rowing - 6 activities - 3.1 miles - 0.8 hrs
Total - 36 activities - 108.0 miles - 17.8 hrs

1 comment:

  1. emma stanfield17 June 2012 at 10:40

    i love the juneathon law! fab going on the treadmill too :)

    ReplyDelete