"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Juneathon - Day 17 dawned bright and sunny!

Sunday 17 June 2012

Juneathon - Day 17 dawned bright and sunny!

I was amazed when I woke up this morning that it was actually a nice day after yesterday's wash-out! I had a coffee and weetabix whilst deciding where my legs would take me this morning! After all my deliberations I noticed some dirty black clouds were gathering overhead, so this spurred me on to get changed and hit the pavements! I was planning on a long run,  the marathon training plan was dictating a 11 miler - I thought I had best comply and set off into the cold but sunny morning!  It wasn't long before I noticed the dark clouds were descending and following me ... I had started and I was going to finish!  A few clouds weren't going to upset me! I had my earphones in and was actually listening to music when I realized a man with a dog was trying to talk to me!  I smiled sweetly, totally unaware of what he was saying and kept on running!!!  OH the benefits of earphones ... I can be rude without looking like I'm deliberately being rude! However, the inquisitive side of me was wondering what he wanted!!!  


At around the 6 mile mark a male runner sprinted past me at an unnecessarily fast pace and for a fraction of a second the competitive side of me chanted "Catch him!" (and my legs responded instinctively), however very quickly the sane side of me reminded my legs that they still had over 4 miles to go before reaching home and chasing him didn't seem like such a good idea!  Good job really because by the time I had finished this one-sided argument he was disappearing into the horizon! I made it home and although the dark clouds were still lingering they hadn't deposited anything on me - Thankfully!


I had a shower and then uploaded my run from my Garmin.  I'm not sure whether I'm just obsessed with sea life at the moment because we are doing a under the sea topic at school but as soon as I saw the route marked out on the map I immediately saw a seahorse! 


What do you think ...




Anyhow, I didn't quite do the 11 miles prescribed but near enough at 10.36 miles in 1 hour 36 minutes! It's the longest run I have done since the Liverpool Half Marathon in March so chuffed with myself!

Then just to make sure my legs remember who is in charge I went for a walk this afternoon with the dog and my hubby! The dark clouds still hadn't dumped anything on us although they were still lingering ominously! However, the walk we went on was extremely wet from all the torrential rain yesterday (akin to river walking ) and I ended up with soggy feet! 6.16 miles to add to the 10.36 miles from this morning gives me a total for today of 16.52 miles!  YEAH!



If the run this morning represented a seahorse, the walk this afternoon has to be an eel! 




OK, so maybe Juneathon is getting to me but it keeps me out of mischief!


Today's Run = 10.36 miles
Average Pace = 9.17 min/miles
Time = 1:36

View today's activities here for the run. and here for the walk!


Juneathon Totals so far ...
  • Run -  68.6 miles 
  • Swim  - 0.9 miles
  • Bike - 31.9 miles 
  • Walk - 20.0 miles
  • Cross - 3.1 miles 
  • Total -  124.5 miles

I still need to pull my finger out if I am going to beat my Janathon's total for running!


 Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment