"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Juneathon Day 21 - Hill Reps!

Thursday 21 June 2012

Juneathon Day 21 - Hill Reps!

The weather today has been diabolical with constant torrential rain and I put off running hoping it would improve.  For once it worked in my favour!  I went to Pilates at 6pm for a good stretch and when I came out at 7pm the rain had actually stopped!  


I couldn't resist sneaking in a quick session, and as I was in the car I drove  to the bottom of the hill which I have designated as my "hill rep hill".  My mantra "hills are my friends" floated through me as I put all my effort into getting to the top of the hill as fast as possible.  I rested at the top for a minute before running back down and repeating another 3 times! 


 Whilst doing this there was an elderly gentleman very slowly making his way up the hill, looking rather bewildered at this mad woman continually going backwards and forwards!  I sensibly picked the hill going up right past the hospital so if it ever gets too much I've not far to go...!  Whilst running up the hill I have the thoughts "What are you doing and why?" but once I have completed the reps I have a perverse sense of satisfaction and feel really good!  I had the added advantage today of not even having to run home - I just staggered back to the car and drove home!  However, when I walked in to the house my husband and son who were watching football looked at me and my husband said "Oh my god - you are so pale, you alright?" , son grunted "You're white as a ghost!".  I had felt fine prior to this but then started to worry! Last night I watched a T.V programme called 24 hours in A and E which showed a girl who had done a very hard spinning class and had pushed herself too far.  Her muscles in her legs had been damaged by the excessive exercise and had produced toxins which then had given her kidney failure! She had several operations on her legs and it took her months to recover - who said exercise is good for you?! I vowed after watching it not to push myself too much but then that is all forgotten once I am in the grips of exercise! Hot shower and my colour soon returned - obviously lacking in Oxygen!!


Today's mileage is low but I feel proud for actually doing the dreaded hill reps!  


2.21 miles @ an average pace of 8.41 min/mile!
PLUS
1 hours Pilates!


Be impressed at the hills here!

Juneathon Total:
  • Running 78.3 mi 
  • Swimming 0.9 mi
  • Biking 56.1 mi 
  • Walking 23.1 mi 
  • Rowing 3.1 mi 
PLUS
  • Steps Class 1 hour
  • Pilates Class 2 hours
  • Total - 161.6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment