"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Juneathon Day 27 - Renewed feet!

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Juneathon Day 27 - Renewed feet!

Last week whilst I was putting myself into strange positions during Pilates and accidently caught sight of my feet - not a good sight I can tell you! With only 3 weeks to go before my feet will be seen by the outside world (going to Turkey on my holidays!) I decided I best make an attempt at improving them so they are not quite so ugly for my sandals and flip-flops!  It was far too big a job to expect the nice ladies in the beauty salons to tackle with a "normal" pedicure so I booked myself in to see a nice man with a scalpel!  My Chiropodists appointment was today immediately after work (Phewy smelly feet!) and feeling rather embarrassed I bared my feet!  After inspection he actually said that as far as manky feet go they weren't too bad and he had seen far worse (I bet he says that to all the girls!).  There is something strangely satisfying watching someone with a scalpel attacking your feet and not feeling a thing! He made a mini Mount Everest model with the skin he managed to scrape away and he even discovered a corn hiding in all the hard stuff which he promptly cut out leaving a nice hole in my foot too! After cutting my nails and moisturizing my feet I was set free to abuse my feet again ... and it didn't take me long!  I was supposed to be running with my running buddy Gina but she had text earlier to say she wasn't going as she had man girl flu!  When I got home it had just stopped raining so taking this window of opportunity I got my running gear on and pulled my trainers on my "new" feet!  I did half wonder whether they would rebel and cause me problems whilst running but in fact they didn't feel any different!I wanted to run slightly faster than my usual plod and was chuffed when I got home (I had avoided the rain too) and my average pace was 8.46 minute/mile which is slightly faster than my norm AND it comes after 27 days continuous exercise so that must count for something! Tonight's 6.57 mile run can be viewed here!


I have decided now that my feet aren't quite as embarrassing that I will subject the ladies in the salon to them just before my holiday for a pedicure and get my toe nails done for the beach!  My feet deserve a treat!


My Juneathon's figures are looking good too - my running has hit the century mark for the month! WHOO HOO!

  • Running -103.2 miles 
  • Swimming- 1.7 miles
  • Biking - 82.6 miles 
  • Walking-  29.9 miles
  • Rowing-  4.3 miles
  • Total - 221.8 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment