"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Juneathon Days 28, 29 & 30! Blogging Failure!

Saturday 30 June 2012

Juneathon Days 28, 29 & 30! Blogging Failure!

Today is the last day of Juneathon and I have finished it in the same style as I started - badly!  I have jogged and logged each day just been too lazy to blog! So I will endeavor to catch up now!


Juneathon Day 28


Kendal Town Centre!
Today was NOT a good day for Kendal!  Instead of jogging I should have been building an Ark as it rained, and rained, and rained some more and then just to ensure total chaos there was a storm - thunder, lightening, high winds, and even more rain - someone had taken the shower nozzle off and it was just pouring out the sky in sheets!  I was at work and the kids were getting very excited watching this crazy weather through the window! THEN it was like a Benny Hill sketch with other teachers running through our classroom collecting buckets and mops on the way! I went to investigate what was going on - wow what a sight!  Our classroom is on the first floor of the school and when I peered over the banister there was a "river" running right through the centre of the school with staff trying to sandbag one door whilst other staff were trying to make a "dam" outside the other door to divert the water flow from coming into the building!  Although it was a very serious situation it was a hilarious sight! Its not everyday you see your head teacher knee deep in water in school!  Tee hee hee!  Thankfully by the time it was home time the rain had turned to just a light drizzle but we had the added problem of negotiating a way home avoiding all the flooded closed roads! Luckily the fire service were out by now pumping as much of the water away as possible so some of the roads were passable and I managed to get home! (closing my eyes and praying my car wouldn't stall whilst going through flooded areas!).

A little bit of rain wasn't going to stop me running so as soon as I was home I got changed into my running gear and headed out the door before there was another deluge, praying it didn't start whilst I was out!  I didn't stray too far from home just in case but was lucky that it didn't do anything more than drizzle on me!  I managed 3.49 miles which can be seen here!


In the evening we went to see Kevin Bridges warm up tour in Kendal - his opening line was "I knew I was coming to the Lake District I just hadn't realised I would have to drive through a couple of lakes to get here!"  He was very, very good and worth seeing if you get the opportunity! 


Juneathon Day 29


Another day but more of the same - RAIN! I decided not to brave the elements today and went to the gym instead! There's only so many times a girl can get wet - happily! :-)  At the gym I went on the treadmill first as I had downloaded an Audiofuel Interval training MP3 and was keen to give it a go!  I was pleasantly surprised how good it was and I found it very motivational and it kept me going at a fast pace even when I really wanted to walk! My only complaint would be it should last longer - 30 minutes would be better! I followed this with some arm weight machines, then the rowing machine, finishing off with swimming and a steam!  


So today's Juneathon miles were: 


Treadmill: 2.24 miles
Rowing: 1.24 miles
Swimming: 0.23 miles


Juneathon Day 30


I DID IT!!  I completed Juneathon in style even if I do say so myself! I finished Janathon on a high by running my last run at my fastest pace ever (at the time, I have beaten it since) and so I wanted to finish Juneathon on a high by running my longest run EVER and I did it ...14.06 miles! The weather was windy but it stayed mainly dry (just one downpour at mile 8 which was quite refreshing!). I was chuffed to bits to get over the half marathon distance and feel slightly more confident about tackling some of the longer runs in the Marathon training now! Once I got home I showered, ate, relaxed and rested before taking the dog out for a walk!


Today's contribution is:


Running: 14.09 miles which can be viewed here!
Walking: 3.36 miles which can be viewed here!


As well as completing Juneathon I managed to beat the 200 miles goal I set!! WHOO! HOO!! 


Juneathon was a day less than Janathon but I still managed to beat my overall mileage total! (but not my running mileage!)


So how many miles did I do?

  • Running 123.0 miles 
  • Swimming 1.9 miles
  • Biking  82.6 miles
  • Walking  33.2 miles
  • Rowing 5.6 miles
  • Pilates 3 hours
  • Steps 1 hour
  • Weights 30 minutes


  • Total  246.3 miles
  • 42.5 hours exercise! (Average 1 hour 42 mins per day!)


Longest Run - 14.09 miles
Shortest Run - 0.93 miles
Fastest Average Pace - 8.39 min/mile

So tomorrow is a day of rest and then marathon training resumes on Monday! Keep in touch and see how I get on!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment