"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: At last ... a good one ... as my last!

Wednesday 22 August 2012

At last ... a good one ... as my last!

Today I went to an Italian restaurant for lunch (and a cheeky glass of wine!) so I was slightly concerned how I would manage to run this evening!  Last time I had a BIG lunch I nearly died whilst running ...! To make matters worse I was meeting my runny buddy Gina, and we haven't run together since that fateful night! 

Anyhow, I felt great running this evening and had no problems keeping up!  Whooo hoooo maybe my fitness is returning! However, at about 2.65 miles Gina stopped to stretch as she was suffering a niggley pain in her thigh but couldn't start again as the pain was too much!  I think we are a liability running together and should perhaps give it up as a bad job for the sake of our health! lol  Anyhow, Gina phoned her husband for a lift home.  I stayed with her until he arrived then I battled on alone! All in all it was a lovely run, a nice warm DRY evening but not too hot with a nice cooling breeze! I ran 6.10 miles and my average pace was 8.52 min/miles.  Better than my recent runs so I'm chuffed with that! You can view it here!

Well, that's it now for running - I'm tapering for the rest of the week so I have fresh legs on Sunday for Fleetwood Half Marathon! Yikes! Bring it on!   I'm suffering excited nervousness!


One hour 57 I'm after you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment