"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Over-training...?

Sunday 9 September 2012

Over-training...?

I don't feel as if I have recovered from my long run on Friday yet, and although yesterday was meant to be a rest day on my plan today I am supposed to run 5 miles!  

Up to this point I have kept to my plan but I have never felt as fatigued as I do today so I am going to be sensible and have an extra rest day to give my body a bit more recovery time! The last thing I want to do with less than a month to go is get an injury!

Apparently there is a fine line between over-training and over-reaching! Which is it and how do you know? One way to check over-training is to regularly monitor your resting heart rate - which I do!  My resting heart rate is the same as normal so that's good - if its higher then you have a problem! 

Overreaching is a frequently employed method to build fitness and to help an athlete reach their training potential by pushing themselves to the limit!

Over-training is when you push yourself over the limit and your body struggles to cope.

I definitely pushed myself to the limit on Friday but hopefully by reducing my training and resting today I will avoid over-training and be fighting fit to pick up on the plan tomorrow and my body will be stronger for it!

Fingers crossed that this fatigue soon passes!



No comments:

Post a Comment