"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Back on Janathon - staggering to the end!

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Back on Janathon - staggering to the end!

This afternoon it started to rain really hard and was very cold but I still went for my daily prescribed walk! I managed my longest distance since damaging my ligaments - a huge 1.22 miles, at a painfully slow pace but hey it's better than nothing and means I am on the mend. 

However, once home my ankle did start to tell me it wasn't very happy!  Instead of using an ice-pack on it (as I usually do) I used a heat pad.  In Runner's world this month it says that heat is best for an injury that is a few days old as "it helps by boosting blood flow, shunting more oxygen and nutrients to the affected area".  As my ice pack is a "ice come heat pack" I duly threw it in the microwave!  

It took me several attempts to get it to the right temperature - I was nervous about blowing the whole thing up if I put it on too high for too long!  I eventually got the desired result and strapped it to my ankle.  I must say it is much more pleasant sitting with a warm sensation radiating up through my ankle rather than cold penetrating my whole body!  Let's see if it works! 

Whilst I was logging my walk on the Running free website, where all the Janathon miles are logged, I realised that although I hadn't succeeded at Janathon by exercising everyday I was very close to my "self chosen" walking target for the month.  I have 2 days to try and walk 2.2 miles and at least then I won't feel a total failure! I will have succeeded with 1 out of 4 goals! 

Even with my injury I have only missed 5 days exercise ... so far!

So it looks like this: 


Total Janathon Running miles: 51.20  / 80 running miles
Total Janathan Walking miles: 27.80 / 30 walking miles
Total Janathan Cycling miles: 52.43/ 130 cycling miles
Total Janathon Swimming miles: 3.83 / 10 swimming miles
Total Janathon non-mileage exercise: 2 hours Circuits

Total Janathon mileage: 135.10 / 250 target

Total days exercising 24/29


2 comments:

  1. Great job getting to your goal! You can do 2.2 miles no problem. I'm hoping for a better next year or even completing the Junathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - Hopefully I will do it, it will raise my spirits slightly after getting injured! What happened to your Janathon efforts after the 15th - did you get injured too?

      Last year I managed both Janathon and Juneathon successfully - hopefully Juneathon will let me succeed again, by which time I will be in the middle of my marathon Training too! Take care x

      Delete