"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Keep going ... the end’s in sight

Monday 28 January 2013

Keep going ... the end’s in sight

 I am on Day 11 of my injury-induced rest and it isn't getting any easier!  

Only 3 more days to go until we are done with January - I for one will be pleased to see the back of it! Every time I see the word January it reminds me that I failed with both Janathon and Jantastic this year.  So for me, as well as Goodbye January, it's goodbye crutches, disappointment, pain and boredom and hopefully hello running, cycling, races and PB's!

I  am still signed off work but thankfully I am much more mobile now and in a lot less pain.  I can even do the first lot of exercises given to me by the hospital easily, whereas last week I found them incredibly hard and painful. I now get to move on to the next lot of exercises which may prove a bit more of a challenge but with determination I will get there - after all the quicker my foot masters them and gets stronger the quicker I will be back out on the streets! 

So what have I been doing? 

Not a lot is the answer to that!  

I have found a marathon training plan I want to follow when the time comes and have made adaptations to suit me and I have been updating my scrapbook running pages.  I will post pictures on here soon.

I am desperate to get back to exercise - I am feeling fat and unfit.  At the moment I am managing to walk about half a mile a day ... way to go before I am back to my former distances!



I am determined to take things gently and built up my mileage slowly - I really don't want anything that will set me back any further. I have a 10K race booked for 2 weeks time, I really want to do it!  I know if I do attempt it, it will be probably be my slowest 10K ever but at least it will mean I am back in the saddle! 

Am I a mad to want to do the Mad Dog?

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment