"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Day 1 - Janathon!

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Day 1 - Janathon!

Happy New Year!  I can't believe its the 1st of January and I am starting Janathon for the second year running!

After a heavy night celebrating last night with my family I opted for a walk today as my exercise rather than brave a run! It was a very cold, windy and drizzly start to the New Year and we had a very short trot around Tarn Hows, before heading to Keswick for a sedate wander around the shops and a coffee in the lakeside cafe!


Tarn Hows,  is one of the most visited spots in the Lake District, and today being New Years Day it was literally packed with people. The Tarn is surrounded by thick woodland, with views towards Wetherlam, the Helvellyn range and the Langdale Pikes, with a path running around the outside. A beautiful start to the New Year!!


Janathon starts seriously tomorrow and I will be running, cycling or swimming!

You can view this rather pathetic start here!

Tarn Hows


My Janathon mileage goals are: 
                          
                            250 + TOTAL Janathon Miles

 80 running miles

10 swimming miles

130 cycling miles

30 walking miles


As well as starting the Janathon challenge today I also started the project 365 challenge.  This is a totally different sort of challenge where you have to take and upload a photograph everyday for a year to tell the story of your life! 

You can view my album here!

No comments:

Post a Comment