"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Janathon day 13 - First Snow!

Sunday 13 January 2013

Janathon day 13 - First Snow!

I decided to go for a run as soon as I got up this morning as the forecast was for snow this afternoon.  I struggle running fast without adding the pressure of staying upright too!


I didn't really have a route in mind but thought I would head out into the country as I am unable to do these routes during the week as it gets too dark too early! It initially felt hard and my legs weren't willing but being the horrible owner I am I told them to "man-up" and get on with it! By the time I completed a 3 mile loop and was on my way home my legs seemed to have got second wind so I decided to extend the run a little adding another 3 miles.  It was a very cold frosty morning but great for running! After not seeing any runners out yesterday I think every Tom, Dick and Harry were out today - all trying to beat the snow no doubt. I tried my best to push the pace up but couldn't maintain it for long.  However, once home I analysed my run (as I do!) and then thought of the reasons that might have contributed to it feeling so hard.  


Could it be that yesterday I did a 21 mile bike ride followed by a 5 mile walk,  fueled later by a Take- away washed down with a bottle of wine and several Gin and Tonics?! Perhaps, with this in mind I need recognition for actually making it out the door today and completing my 4th and final (for this week) Jantastic run! 

I also think I deserve a pat on the back for actually managing to maintain an average pace of 9.01 minute miles, and my fastest mile was mile 4 which was a 8.19 minute mile! Perhaps this was why I was feeling so knackered rather than the junk lifestyle!  You can view my run here.

I will be trying to do more of these "fast" miles in future, but perhaps I need to reconsider this "my body is my temple" lark to help me! However, if my body really is MY temple why should I stop polluting it to my hearts content, after all, it's my temple to do with as I wish! 

and I wish to fuel it with junk and expect miracles!

Shower and lunch followed my run then we decided to conquer another Wainwright fell as the predicted snow hadn't materialised. We picked a low fell that wouldn't take too long to climb and got in the car to drive there ...

... BUT the snow came!  We decided it would be silly to go fell walking in the snow and opted for a local walk close by.  I think this was a wise move as the snow got fairly heavy at one point and I wouldn't have liked to have been negotiating climbing over rocks etc.  We did a cold and snowy 4.75 miles at Ratherheath Tarn which can be viewed here.


Just as the snow started ...


an hour later!




Running miles today: 6.65

Time: 1 hour 00 minutes 22 seconds
Average Pace: 9.01 min/mile

Walking miles today: 4.75

Total Janathon Running miles: 40.67  / 80 running miles
Total Janathan Walking miles: 24.21 / 30 walking miles
Total Janathan Cycling miles: 44.41/ 130 cycling miles
Total Janathon Swimming miles: 2.74 / 10 swimming miles
Total Janathon non-mileage exercise: 1 hour Circuits

Total Janathon mileage: 112.03




















1 comment:

  1. Great miles. It is hard to push yourself out after a night of indulgence but nicely done.

    ReplyDelete