"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Janathon Day 15 - Triathlon Swimming ... I can!

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Janathon Day 15 - Triathlon Swimming ... I can!

I am nearly half way through this Janathon challenge and I will update you later in this post to how I am getting on with my mileage!  Ideally I should be half way to my target...

After another busy day at work I arrived home to tackle yet another pile of ironing and made tea for the hungry Horace's before I set out to go swimming.  Although we haven't had any more snow today, and the snow that we did have is slowly melting the temperature seems to have plummeted.  I haven't felt warm all day and the thought of undressing in a draughty changing room before plunging into freezing cold water really didn't float my boat but the tri plan said I was swimming so I had to take a deep breath and be strong!

The pool was busy (as usual) and I went straight into the lanes section.  Unfortunately this was also busy and yet again for the second time I wasn't the slowest swimmer in my lane although I must admit I found it highly annoying that some very slow people were getting in my way! I set off my poolmate watch when I start my lengths and after every 20 lengths I mark it as the end of a set.  Tonight I seemed to be very tired and felt quite disheartened as I thought I had only done 2 sets of 20 plus my warm-up and cool down lengths, but actually when I uploaded my swim to the PC I was delighted to see that I had actually done 3 sets of 20 plus my warm-up and cool down lengths! Perhaps I'm not as bad as I think! 


I was reading on the internet that success at any activity in life does not begin in a pool or a lake, on a bike or a road, in an office or a home, or anywhere else. It begins in your head. There are a limitless number of quotes from any number of people that say essentially the same thing – If you think you can or if you think you can’t, you are right.




So I have decided ... to stop talking myself down.  I will tell myself I am a good swimmer who just needs to develop the skills!  I am going to focus on technique and endurance and when April and my first triathlon rolls around I will be "a really good swimmer" who "enjoys the swim" and "swims fast"!


My only concern tonight is my sneezing seems to have returned and I haven't tightened my goggles! Fingers crossed it's a one off and not the return of my water allergy!!

Swimming miles today: 1.09 (1750 metres = 70 lengths)


Total Janathon Running miles: 44.84  / 80 running miles
Total Janathan Walking miles: 24.21 / 30 walking miles
Total Janathan Cycling miles: 44.41/ 130 cycling miles
Total Janathon Swimming miles: 3.83 / 10 swimming miles
Total Janathon non-mileage exercise: 2 hours Circuits

Total Janathon mileage: 117.29/ 250 target

As I was saying earlier nearly half way through Janathon and after analyzing my mileages I am behind with my swimming and cycling miles!  Best get moving!!


Cycling tomorrow so I will have to make it a good one!!!

1 comment: