"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: NO DNS!

Wednesday 20 February 2013

NO DNS!

10 days ago on the 10th February I was supposed to run the Mad Dog 10k but due to my ankle injury I had to pull out!  When the results were published I fully expected to see my name there for all to see with DNS (did not start) next to it (again). I'm a gluten for punishment and although I promised myself I wouldn't torture myself by looking at the results I couldn't resist! Imagine my delight when I discovered I don't exist as far as the Mad Dog world is concerned!!! 

I don't know why but there was something very distressing about having DNS in the results alongside my name for my last cancelled race  - I felt such a failure! So I'm a happy puppy -  even though I didn't run it I wasn't named and shamed either! Also as an added bonus my friend took my race number to the event and managed to get me a T Shirt!  I feel a bit of a fraud having a "I'll be back" T shirt when I haven't even been to start with but hey ho I paid my entry fee!! 




Exactly a week after having my i-phone stolen in Costa, Manchester I finally got a reply to my email complaint.  A not very satisfactory reply may I add! Bearing in mind I asked the Manager on the day "Do you have CCTV?" and her reply was loud and clear "No!" 

Today I received this reply:

costafeedback@whitbread.com
12:10 PM (5 hours ago)

Dear Mrs Wallace

Thank you for your email.

I have contracted the store and they do have CCTV by the tills.

Unfortunate this does not cover the whole store.

As a result of your feedback I have asked the store manager to speak to all team members to ensure they all keep an eye out going forward.

Kindest regards

Mary Moore

CUSTOMER SERVICES TEAM



As you can see a heart felt apology showing they are very concerned about their customer's welfare - NOT!  They obviously put a higher price on their own takings and staff having CCTV just at the till and sod the paying customers!

I cannot believe there isn't even a hint of an apology for what went on whilst I was in one of their shops. I won't be returning in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment