"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Ups and Downs ...

Monday 18 February 2013

Ups and Downs ...

It's been a bit of a Roller Coaster ride dealing with my ankle injury ... it keeps giving me little peeks into what it would be like to be pain-free then just when I'm thinking "It won't be long now", it strikes again just to remind me that I'm not going running just yet! After a day on my feet at work I now have not a very happy ankle!


I'm finding it difficult to deal with what normal life throws at me at the moment, as usually when something stressful happens I go run, and I keep running until I feel better!  At the moment I find I am wallowing in things and feel like I can't get away from them.  

Running really is my anti-depressant and I miss it like another person would miss popping pills! But I must stay positive and strong.  I will get through this and probably look back and laugh at how unbearable I have been during my recuperation!   

I am religiously doing the exercises prescribed by my sports physio although the ones using the resistance band are proving difficult for me.  I will persevere and hopefully they will do me good!!

I have another follow-up appointment on Thursday, where he will do some more manipulation (Ouch) and hopefully I will see some more progress in my condition!


This evening I went to give blood for the third time.  Last time I went I struggled for a couple of weeks afterwards with fatigue whilst running, and I was a bit dubious about going again if it was going to affect my own health and well being.  However, when my appointment came through I decided to go since I am not running or exercising at the moment and it would be good to help someone else whilst feeling so useless! I was amazed at how quickly I was in, seen and out!  Last time I had to wait over an hour even though I had an appointment.  This time I was back home in half and hour, very efficient! 


NOT a good combination - BEWARE!
After getting no where with the Manchester Police I have decided against pursuing a claim for my stolen i-phone.  I only have 6 weeks left until I can upgrade and the cost of returning to Manchester, along with paying the insurance excess and all the hassle that goes with it makes me think it's not worth it.  The bad guy wins again. Luckily a very kind, caring and considerate friend has lent me an old iphone they do not currently use so that I can survive until the upgrade.  I'm appalled by Costa's lack of empathy.  I emailed them on Wednesday evening explaining what had happened and I haven't even had an acknowledgement back let alone an apology. Its especially shocking that they show such a lack of concern when they actually encourage customers to use phones and lap tops by offering free wifi on their premises but do absolutely nothing to protect us from criminals.  Perhaps I will start visiting Nero's or Starbucks for my future coffee stops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment