"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: "The man from physio, he say 'Yes!'"'

Thursday 21 February 2013

"The man from physio, he say 'Yes!'"'

... sort of!!!

Tonight I went back to see the Sports Physiotherapist for my follow up appointment.  He had me doing lots of different exercises using a a spiky massage ball and balance board which weren't painful to do - just difficult for someone uncoordinated and unbalanced like me! Afterwards he did some more manipulation and deep massage which surprisingly didn't hurt at all this week, then he taped me up again.  I went for a different colour tape this week for a change!

I then dared to ask THE question ... when can I run?

He put a great big smile on my face when he replied "I think you will be OK for a week on Saturday!".  I had an image racing through my head of me pounding my usual route until he added " ... for 10 minutes, SLOWLY!"   

It's a start at least!  

I am allowed to do 10 minutes on the Saturday, 12 minutes on the Monday, 13 minutes on the Wednesday then I have another appointment with him on the Thursday to see how its holding up.  If all is good I can continue to slowly increase my speed and distance from there!  Whoooo! Hoooo!  Excited Muchus!!!

I also have to continue with my exercises on the days I'm not running!

On 3rd March I'm supposed to be cycling in a 60 mile sportive, but the man from Physio said a resounding NO to this! Hey Ho I can't have everything!!! 

Only 8 days to go until I am a RUNNER again! 


I'm very, very HAPPY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment