"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Too tired to run ... too tired to care!

Thursday 21 March 2013

Too tired to run ... too tired to care!

A couple of months ago I was in utter despair when I realised I would not be able to run for quite some time. Now that I am back to it, building up my miles nicely and fitness slowly it dawned on me tonight that ...

I was just too tired to run! 

So I threw off my Wonder Woman Cape and rebelled!

I WANTED to wallow on the sofa drinking coffee and stuffing my face with biscuits. I WANTED to watch crap on telly. I WANTED to go to bed and sleep! Usually I feel deprived if the weather or family life, work or injury stops me from running. But today I think the "I WILL run whatever life throws at me" me has been kidnapped and replaced with a "I DON'T WANT to run, and you can't make me" me.  

I am hoping the former "me" will be returned to earth in the very near future so I can get on with my half marathon training.

I haven't slept well for days, work is manic, my daughter is giving me grief and I think along with the additional exercise I am just exhausted.  

Going to the gym last night put more stress on my ankle than I anticipated and it has been niggling me all day. For once I am listening to my body! (any excuse really!) and I had a night off running even though it is a running day! How rebellious is that?!

I made a bargain with myself and said if I didn't run I would take the dog out for a long walk instead.  I set off with these good intentions in mind, but it was cold and windy and I was tired and before I realised it I was back home after walking less than a mile.I managed a miserly 0.75 miles which can be viewed here.

However, after surrendering to my "wallowing on the sofa" craving for a couple of hours I began to feel guilty for being lazy and not going for my run!  So instead to ease the guilt I went to a Pilate's class for some less energetic but probably more painful exercise! 

I was glad I did because I do feel better for it - both physically and mentally.  I am hoping being in a more relaxed state will help me to get a better nights sleep and I will be back and "up for it" tomorrow! 

A week today is the day I'm counting down to! 

What is happening a week today I hear you shout!  Well probably lots of exciting things for many people around the world but for me it signifies the start of the Easter Holidays!!  2 weeks off work and a Half Marathon to run!!!



Only 25 days to go until ...




Post injury miles and inch/weight loss since 9th March!

Running:  18.85 Miles
Walking:  21.56 Miles
Cycling:  27.87 Miles
Cross Trainer: 0.90 Miles
Rowing: 1.24 Miles
Swimming:
Pilate's total Time: 2 hours
Core Strength Total Time: 1 hour 36 minutes 34 seconds

Weight loss: 1.4 / 8 pounds
Hips: 0
Waist: 1 inch
Thighs: 0


Tomorrow is weigh in and measurement day -  I'm beginning to regret the wine, pizza and lack of running today!  

OH WELL, What will be will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment