"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Disappointed!

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Disappointed!

I got an email today to inform me that due to lack of numbers the swimming technique course I was booked on for Saturday has been cancelled. The most annoying aspect is the fact they won't be running anymore until October!  A little too late for my Try-a-Tri in a few weeks time! Oh well I will just need to splash my way through it in my usual ungainly style! 

    BTW Marathon Training started on Monday!

Although it is now Wednesday, it slipped my mind earlier in the week to inform you that this is week one of me following my Marathon Training plan. Only 178 days to go until The Yorkshire marathon - the details can be read here.!

When I trained for Chester Marathon last year I bought an A4 book and wrote down my training plan and then added in my actual training miles, pace etc after each run.

This time I have bought myself a little black book!  I have been very excited filling it in! Each page has space for 2 runs each day but since I NEVER do 2 runs a day I am using the first run section to write down the proposed miles for that day taken from my training plan and use the second run section to record the actual miles run with pace, heart rate etc.  By the time the marathon comes around I will have a nice written record of all my runs, with whats gone right and whats gone wrong!  
My little black book "Runners Journal"





Inside my little black book!

Tonight I went to circuit training as part of the "strength training" in my plan.   This is the first time I have ventured back to circuits since my injury.  I took it fairly easy just to see how I got on but enjoyed being back!

Tomorrow its time to stretch at Pilates!




No comments:

Post a Comment