"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Whoops I forgot ...

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Whoops I forgot ...

With 2013 starting disastrously (as far as my fitness is concerned!) I totally forgot about my aim of "doing" 2013 miles in 2013. 

By "doing" I mean any exercise I can calculate in mileage - swimming, running, walking, cycling, rowing etc!

So as we are fast approaching the end of the 4th month of the year I thought I had best do a little bit of totting up and see how far off the mark I really am! 


It makes depressing reading!

Running: 151.60 miles
Walking: 142.82 miles
Cycling:  117.42 miles
Swimming: 5.27 miles
Rowing:      1.24 miles
Elipitical:     0.90 miles
_____________________
Total:       419.25 miles
_____________________

= 1593.75 miles remaining

This time last year I was way ahead of this with a total mileage of 733 miles, so as you can see I have some miles to make up!


But lets be positive - I still have 8 months left - so I only have to hit 200 miles a month to hit target! 

Included in the above totals is tonight's run.  I managed to run 6.91 fairly hilly miles which can be seen here. I am trying to gently increase my speed without hurting my ankle so I was pleased to see my pace had increased to an average 9.31 minute miles tonight.  One day soon I hope to be back to running under 9 minute miles.

I took this photo at the top of a hill because it was such a lovely view and I needed a photo for my 365 challenge - it also gave me an excuse to have a breather!
View of Kendal Town from Queens Road!

No comments:

Post a Comment