"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Will I ever be fit again? Of course I will!

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Will I ever be fit again? Of course I will!

First,  I will start with an apology!  The last time I posted I was feeling very low and didn't have many positive thoughts to share! Well I have had a busy weekend and I intend to reinvent myself as Mrs Positive. I will get fit again and lose some weight - it will just take time!

On Saturday, after I posted about my weight I decided to go on the Turbo Trainer for a "Spinervals" session with Troy.  I cycled for 40 minutes and managed to cover 8.52 miles. After which I jumped in the shower before heading off to the hairdressers!  I had absolutely no intention of having a change but as I sat in the hairdressers chair I was amazed to hear myself say "Chop it off!" Perhaps it was my subconscious finding an alternative way for me to lose weight!  I would like to introduce you to the "new" me!

                                                                     

It has taken some getting used to a cold neck!  

I had a very sociable Saturday evening at a friends party, then on Easter Sunday we visited "both sides" of the family for more food and alcohol and absolutely no exercise! However on Easter Monday we decided to tackle some more Wainwright Fells and managed to do 8.21 miles in cold, windy and very snowy conditions!  I don't think I have ever experienced such a cold walk, however the views were spectacular and we actually climbed 2 "Wainwrights" which were Arthur's Pike and Bonscale Pike. You can see the route we took here.




This morning I decided to go for a run.  It was still cold and windy (when is it anything else?) but I wanted to do another 10 mile run in preparation for the "Longtown 10" I have on Saturday. I decided to run with "Zombies, Run!" for the first time post injury!  Zombies, Run! is an i phone app that encourages you to do interval training! You can read more about it in a previous blog post which can be viewed here.

The slogan says:  Get Fit. Escape Zombies. Become a Hero. 

I certainly didn't become a hero!  I was useless. The Zombies managed to catch me 10 times and I only actually managed to escape once!! It's a good job it's only a game and not real life! It just goes to show how much my speed has slowed since returning to running, but it gives me something to work on! You can view my run here, I managed 10.49 miles in 1 hour 47 minutes! It was hard work and the wind seemed to keep me from running forward but I perservered and didn't walk at all!  One problem I have discovered with having "short hair" is my running hairband just seems to "ping" off the back of my head now there isn't a ponytail bobble to keep it in place.  Perhaps I need to see if I can squeeze a teeny tiny ponytail in just to keep my hairband from going awal! 

It is now 6 hours since I ran this morning and I ache from head to foot!  Every muscle in every part of my body hurts!  I'm not sure whether it's the run that has been too much for me or whether it's the combination of a hard walk yesterday (which was very hilly and extremely hard going in the snow) and then a windy long run today. I am most definitely feeling crispy at this very moment in time!

I will have a fairly easy few days from now so my legs are as fresh as possible on Saturday!  I am not going to get despondent about my recent runs as I have been reading my blog about my last 10 mile race in November which you can read here. The training runs prior to that weren't very good but on the day I still managed to pull it out the bag!  I'm not going to put too much pressure on myself - I just want to start, finish and enjoy! Only 3 days to go until the Longtown 10 and ...


Only 12 days to go until ...



Post injury miles and inch/weight loss since 9th March!

Running:  46.18 Miles
Walking:  40.27 Miles
Cycling:   43.39 Miles
Cross Trainer: 0.90 Miles
Rowing: 1.24 Miles
Swimming: 0.67 Miles or 43 lengths
Pilate's total Time: 2 hours
Core Strength Total Time: 1 hour 36 minutes 34 seconds


Weight loss: 0 / 8 pounds
Hips: 0.5 inches
Waist: 1.5 inches
Thighs: 0.5 inches



No comments:

Post a Comment