"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: A Busy Weekend!

Sunday 23 June 2013

A Busy Weekend!

On Saturday morning when I got up I was dismayed that it was windy and rainy and I had a 40 minute easy run to fit in before I could go to Manchester for the weekend to see Robbie Williams and Olly Murs.

I had promised my daughter who was at work that I would park the car in our car parking space in town sometime during the day so that she could drive home.  She was going out and time was at a premium so getting the bus or walking wasn't a favourable option! 

Not wanting to put off for too long I decided to take the car for her and then run the long way home so I headed out in the hope the rain would ease off before I had to run in it! Unfortunately by the time I got in to town it was getting heavier! BUT the only way home was to run so off I went!

After about a 15 minute torrential downpour I was glad when it subsided to just a light drizzle although by this time I was soaked through anyway!  There is no happy medium - my runs during the past few weeks have been in very hot and sunny conditions and then without warning it changes!  

About 3 miles into my run I noticed a man running with a dog heading towards me, although it looked a vicious stocky dog similar to a Rottweiler I wasn't concerned as it was on a lead! BIG Mistake ... just as I ran past it snarled at me and dived for my foot. Luckily it's teeth just got my laces before the man yanked him away whilst apologising profusely!  Although I wasn't hurt I was shocked by the suddenness of the attack!  I will be very wary of dogs in the future!

I managed to run 4.50  miles in 42:54 with an average pace of 9:24 minute miles.

As soon as I got home I got showered and packed and we then set off to Manchester where the weather was no better! It didn't put a dampener on things though and the concert was very good! We were lucky that we were undercover in the stands rather than in the open on the pitch where everyone was getting drenched!

So a weekend of too much food and drink to close week 9 of Marathon Training! Not the best way to fuel my body but good fun!

So I have  survived week 9 of my marathon training and my stats for the week look like this:

Running: 24.38 miles in 4 runs.
Time on feet: 3:46:55

Plus

Cross Training consisting of:

Walking: 8.16 Miles
Swimming: 0.62 Miles
1 Hour Pilate's
I Hour Circuit Training
Total Weekly Miles:  33.16 Miles

and my total training for the marathon to date since 22nd April 2013 is:

Running : 211.35 Miles
Time on feet: 32:56:50

Plus

Cross Training consisting of-

Pilate's: 6 hour
Circuit Training: 4 hour
Swimming:  7.21  Miles
Walking: 54.57 Miles
Cycling: 43.82 Miles
45 minutes Sports Massage

Total Miles: 316.95

Bring on week 10 - I am ready for you!







No comments:

Post a Comment