"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: The day I saw the Queen!

Wednesday 17 July 2013

The day I saw the Queen!

There was great excitement in Kendal today when the Queen and Princess Anne visited us!

The entire school (where I work) walked down into town in a 200 child long "crocodile" and then had an hour and a half wait for them to turn up!  Thankfully it was a lovely day so it was quite a pleasant experience.  There was lots of flag waving and excitement when she eventually arrived and one of our 8 year old boys got to give her a flower posy!  Certainly a day to remember!






So after a very exciting day I still needed to fit a run in!  I waited until I thought the intense heat had gone from the sun at around 6.30pm. Luckily I was only meant to do a 30 minutes easy run as the sun was still very hot!

I found it exhausting and finished my entire bottle of water after 3 miles - it was that hot!!  Anyhow, I managed 3.85 miles in 36 minutes! Not as slow as I had first thought considering the heat!

You can view my route here.

I am definitely going to get up early in the morning for tomorrows 40 minutes run!  I already have my clothes ready in a neat little pile with my garmin, hat and sunglasses on top at the bottom of the stairs (so I don't wake everyone up!), my water bottle is filled up and in the fridge! My alarm is set!  


No excuses acceptable! (although when the punishment is a torturous run in the sun I won't be making any!)



No comments:

Post a Comment