"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Wow it's getting hotter!

Thursday 18 July 2013

Wow it's getting hotter!

NOT that I'm complaining - I'm just saying! We haven't had a run (pardon the pun!) of hot sunny weather for as long as this for a very long time!

I set my alarm clock last night to get up at 6 this morning so I could run and beat the sun!  

However, my alarm wasn't required! 

It was so hot last night I don't think I slept for more than an hour! 

I was even threatening to get up at 5 to run but persuaded myself to stay in bed!  However eventually at 5.30 I could bare it no longer and got up and got ready, leaving the house at 6 O Clock!  Even running at 6 O' Clock it felt hot! 

My marathon training plan stipulated a 40 minutes run.  I set off without a route in mind, but with the sole aim of running for 40 minutes. 

My legs felt heavy and tired, I felt like I was running on empty - not suprising really when it was less than 12 hours since my last run!  No rest for the idiotic!

I had taken a bottle of water with me not really expecting to need it on a morning run but finished it all before I got home!  

I'm thinking I was perhaps a little dehydrated after standing in the sun all morning waiting for HRH to arrive and then running in the heat last night! 

I managed a slow 4.88 miles in 46 minutes before school!  You can view my run here.

Oh yes - school!  

TODAY I finished for the Summer!!! Nearly 7 weeks off! YIPPEE!!!!!

3 weeks in America and then the rest of the time I will be running, cycling and swimming!!!

Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment