"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 13 and the final week before USA!

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Week 13 and the final week before USA!


Week 13 of marathon training started yesterday with a 4 mile tempo run!  As the weather is still incredibly hot I got up at 6am before going to work to get my run in before the sun!  It was a much cooler morning and I actually shivered when I first stepped outside. 

This didn't last long and I was soon warm!   It was another very quiet and uneventful run which consisted of a 1 mile warm up @ 9.18 minute mile pace, then the 4 mile tempo section at mile splits of 8.46, 8.54, 8.34, 8.37 and a cool down mile @ 9.39. 

I was pleased to have kept the tempo portion at a consistent pace. You can view this run here. 

My next goal is to get my tempo pace to 8 minute miles!


Today I lost my senses completely and I finally bit the bullet and booked a Triathlon!  I have committed (and probably need to be committed!) to the Kendal Sprint Triathlon on Sunday 29th September 2013 which isn't very far away, especially considering I am on holiday for 3 of these weeks turning fat and unfit!  

YIKES!!! 

The sprint consists of a 500m (20 x 25m lengths) swim, 18km cycle and a 5km run. 

I only hope they don't expect me to SPRINT! After swimming and cycling I might be just about crawling!

With this in mind I decided to go swimming tonight. I did a total of 2000 metres which consisted of 4 sets of 20 lengths.  I managed set 1 in 12:54, set 2 in 12.45, set 3 in 13.04 and set 4 in 13.31.

I will have to work out how to fit cycling and swimming into my marathon training plan! I have set myself goal times to aim for - I need the challenge to motivate myself!

12 minute 500m (20 lengths) swim 
2 minutes transition 1
43 minute 18K (after swim) Cycle (average pace 17 mph)
2 minutes transition 2
25 min 5k (off bike) Run (Pace 8.02 min/mile)

Total finish time goal: 1 hour 24 minutes which would put me as one of the slowest when looking at last years results!




No comments:

Post a Comment