"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: I managed a run!

Sunday 22 September 2013

I managed a run!

After doing a 4 mile walk yesterday and a 3 mile walk today totally pain free I decided it was time to try a little run!

It was such a lovely sunny afternoon that I couldn't resist donning my running vest and shorts and getting back out there.  I was very apprehensive when I set off and was waiting for the searing pain to put a stop to my gallop ... but it didn't happen!

I kept at a slow pace and it was only in the last half mile or so that I started to be reminded that I had a dodgy achilles! I actually managed 3.44 miles which was a couple of miles further than I had planned to run but it felt so good to be running again I just wanted to keep going! You can view my run here.

Finally after 29 days of constant pain I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel!






No comments:

Post a Comment