"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Kids running club!

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Kids running club!

Pre-injury when I was fit and enthusiastic about running I volunteered to help set up and run a kids running club after school.

Tonight was our first date! 

I was probably more nervous and apprehensive than the kids! 

I was stressing that my leg wouldn't hold up and I would embarrass myself in front of the kids! I didn't want to alert them to the prospect of getting injured during running and put them off before they started!

Anyhow we had 17 children turn up tonight aged between 8 and 10!


We did some warm up games initially and had a discussion on what experience of running each of them had.  

They were all exceptionally keen and motivated and we took them for a run around the school grounds, which if I was describing for a race I would say an undulating course which in plain English equates to hilly! 

We are very fortunate to have a school set in fantastic grounds which we took full advantage of tonight.  I let the other teacher lead the run and I stuck with the slower ones at the back giving encouragement when they needed to walk.  My leg was quite thankful to be given these walking opportunities! Once we had completed the designated circuit we played some more "running games" before doing cool down stretches. 

All the kids really enjoyed themselves and all said they wanted to come back again next week - so that was very positive feedback!

On a personal level I was pleased that I managed to run without pain and I actually really enjoyed running on grass! 

I am very much a road runner but I might try throwing in some "cross country" type routes to mix my training up a bit and see if that helps my injuries! Who knows the kids might havee transformed me!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ order hàng mỹ hay nhận mua nước hoa pháp từ website nổi tiếng hàng đầu nước Mỹ mua hàng ebay ship về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete