"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Tuesday 1 October 2013

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Not sure where to start. 

A week has gone by since I last blogged and I don't feel like I am getting any better injury wise! 

I have managed a 1 mile, a 4 mile and a 5 mile run in the last week. All very slow and none pain free!  Tonight's 5 mile attempt resulted in a very sore Achilles and a swollen foot! I stretched, iced and I am currently praying I won't be suffering too much in the morning! 

I have a Physio's appointment on Thursday and I will be interested to know how he feels I am healing! I just feel decrepit!

I think all my hopes and dreams of running The Great Cumbrian Run on Sunday are slowly seeping away from me.  Its a Half Marathon and I really can't see me running an additional 8 miles on top of tonight's effort! 

Sunday was a lovely sunny day, near perfect for competing in a Sprint Triathlon!  Problem was ... I wasn't!  Another race I have deferred!  2014 is becoming a very busy year!

On Monday I enjoyed a very strenuous swimming session at the Tri Club Swim Training. The emphasis was on practising open water swim techniques in the pool. I wanted to say I would sit this one out as there is no way I will be swimming in open water anytime soon! 

Anyhow, I survived (only just) and practised sighting, deep water starts and group swimming! We are usually in ability groups, and I feel quite comfortable swimming with people of similar speed. However, this week we were one big happy family and I found myself swimming with the fast boys and girls desperately trying to keep up! (That is me not them!). My main aim was not to be lapped! Once I stopped stressing about not being able to keep up I quite enjoyed the different format and definitely got a good workout! My chest and shoulders feel like they worked hard anyhow!

Tomorrow, is the kids cross country running club.  Here's hoping my ankle is OK!


No comments:

Post a Comment