"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: On the mend ... again!

Saturday 7 September 2013

On the mend ... again!

On Thursday I went to visit my Sports Physio (again) and after lots of painful manipulation he sent me on my way with more foot exercises!  Apparently this time it is Achilles Tendinitis brought on when I tore my thigh muscle!  I have been told not to run until I am completely pain free or I will have a long term problem with it! I won't be risking anything! The exercises prescribed involve rolling my foot hard over a golf ball (which at the moment is rather ouchy!) for 5 minutes followed by rolling my foot over a bottle of frozen water for another 5 minutes every other day! These are to be done along with my previous exercises!

I hope one day soon I will be mended!


Last night I decided to go to a Circuit Training class but just did the stations which worked my core or upper body and I avoided like the plague the high impact ones! I got a very good upper body workout but if I continue may end up looking like Arnie!!

I have written to The Yorkshire Marathon asking if it is possible to defer my place until 2014, as even if my foot is mended by then I won't have got the high miles in and could end up pushing too soon resulting in more injuries! Something I want to avoid at all costs! Unfortunately to date I have not heard from them!

If I manage to defer this place and my foot is OK I would like to try a little off road running and perhaps try the Lowther 10K Trail Run.  Apparently it is a superb, scenic one lap course, on grass, farm tracks and tarmac and road shoes are adequate (it says!). So I have a plan B if plan A is cancelled. 






No comments:

Post a Comment