"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Run and have fun ... in the rain!

Friday 25 October 2013

Run and have fun ... in the rain!

Today we have had torrential rain - all day!  Then at around 4 o clock the clouds cleared and a little bit of blue sky dared to show its face so I decided it was time to go out for a run.

I wanted to get a longish run in to test my ankle out before Lancaster Half Marathon next week.  

I got changed and headed out the door.  About a mile up the road the heavens decided to open and I got drenched but do you know what ... I didn't care!  I was enjoying myself too much and it suddenly dawned on me I was running along in torrential rain with a stupid smile on my face - people probably thought I was an escaped lunatic!  The only time the smile slipped was when an idiotic car driver went past me at a stupid speed straight through a huge puddle and I nearly drowned from the surge of water that hit me! 

The idiot could have easily avoided the puddle as there wasn't anything coming the other way!  I muttered a few choice words and very nearly used some well known hand gestures but controlled myself! It was just the unexpected shock of the attack that bothered me as I couldn't get any wetter than I already was!

Anyhow, my good mood soon returned and I made it home very wet but happy and with absolutely no ankle pain at all!  I had managed 10.11 miles which can be viewed here.  One very happy bunny!


It looks like Lancaster Half Marathon a week on Sunday is going to be the first race in a long time that I haven't had a DNS for!

Feeling ever so excited about running in a race! 

No comments:

Post a Comment