"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: What have I got myself into now?

Wednesday 30 October 2013

What have I got myself into now?

Its a good job I'm supposed to be tapering as I haven't managed a run since my 10 miler on Friday - and its not due to pain or injury (for once) - just a hectic life!

I had a fantastic few days away with my husband and another couple.  We went to London to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the theatre as well as having a couple of epic eating and drinking sessions!  

Not sure its the ideal way to taper - now I need to do a rapid detox before the Lancaster Half Marathon on Sunday!

Today I was planning on a short 3 mile run just to keep the legs ticking over (and to remind them how to run!) but after a very stressful day traipsing around Manchester University and investigating student accommodation with my daughter I had lost the will to live as well as the will to run!  British Rail were to blame for the majority of my stress and trains should carry a health warning that a journey should not be attempted without a shot of alcohol to dull the pain! 

Determined to get back into some "proper" cycle training after neglecting my cycling in favour of running and swimming I decided to join #turbovembo!  I'm not sure its such a good idea but you can read more about what I am supposed to be doing here!  

It looks like tomorrow I will have to dust off my turbo trainer and wash my bike before I install it for the winter in the Conservatory! 

It all kicks off for real on Friday!  

I will somehow have to fit the additional sessions into my already busy schedule! 

So after some thought! 


Will look something like this ...

Week 1 - 90 min Turbo session + 6 days @ 30 mins.

Week 2 - 90 min Turbo session + 5 days @ 30 mins +  1 x turbo-run brick session (minimum 40 min turbo, then minimum 20 min run)

Week 390 min Turbo session + 5 days @ 30 mins +  1 x turbo-run brick session (minimum 40 min turbo, then minimum 20 min run)

Week 4 - 120 min Turbo session + 5 days @ 30 mins +  1 x turbo-run brick session (minimum 40 min turbo, then minimum 20 min run)


YIKES! Not sure I am ready for this but if I want to be a proper Triathlete instead of a wannabe I need to start being serious!


or just stupid?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment