"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: The Eve of Christmas Eve ...

Monday 23 December 2013

The Eve of Christmas Eve ...

and the beginning of  

Well Christmas is nearly here and I am as ready as I am going to be!  If I haven't got it now we will just have to do without!

What an awful day I have had today!  

I took my daughter to the dentist and thankfully everything was OK, then I went to visit my mum and dad!

However, on the way home there was some sort of incident on the motorway and the traffic was at a standstill for over an hour! The wind and rain were battering the car and I was really frightened we were going to get blown over!

I was relieved when we started to move and we finally got home safely! Actually I was relieved when we started to move that my car moved as several didn't  - it ended up as a bit of a weaving exercise!

Once home I had an Everest size ironing mountain to tackle, as the ironing fairy seems to have got blown away ...and then it was time to RUN!

There was no way I was going to venture out in the gales and rain so I opted for the soft option and went on the treadmill instead!

As I now run 4 Haddie I wanted to make it count so instead of just merrily plodding to Christmas music I opted for a speed interval training programme that really put me through my paces!

I managed 45 minutes and ran 4.36 miles. Although my fast bits were fast my slow bits were very slow so the average pace doesn't look as spectacular as it should!

I did work hard Haddie - Honest!


No comments:

Post a Comment