"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Marathon Pace Run!

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Marathon Pace Run!

Tonight I had to go for a run as soon as I got home from school as my daughter and I had a meeting later in the evening about a Ski Trip she is going on.

Luckily the rain had stopped and the wind had died down considerably since last night's run!

I actually felt too hot at one stage with all my layers on, which is a first for a long time!

The aim tonight was to run 4 miles keeping under 9 minute miles and after a warm up I did ... 

8:49, 8:51, 8:58, 8:59 

which I was delighted with!  

I have found it hard to run at a faster pace after getting used to "plodding" since returning from injury, especially since I mainly run alone so I don't have anyone pushing me!  

After the 4 miles it was time for the dreaded strides!

I  did 4 sets of 30 seconds fast followed by 2 minutes slow and then jogged to cool down! 

All in all I ran a total of 6.71 miles at an average 9:13 minute mile pace! 

Pleased with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment