"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Tri Club Running tonight despite ...

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Tri Club Running tonight despite ...

the torrential rain and strong wind!  

I must admit I did consider backing out but then thought since I haven't been back since the Christmas break if I didn't go I might never have the nerve to go again!

I am really pleased I went, it gave me a little bit of confidence and for once I wasn't the one lagging at the back!

Once we got running I forgot about the rain stinging my face and the wind whipping around my body and just concentrated on not disappearing into huge puddles in the dark!

After a warm up we tried to find a slightly sheltered place (and failed) and did some dynamic drills which are going to turn me into an Olympic sprinter (in my dreams!) or at the very least a little bit of a faster runner than I am at the moment!

After this we started our Fartlek Speed Training, where we sprinted for 2 lamp posts then recovered.  As already mentioned I am usually left for standing at this point but thankfully this week the super fast ones must be wimps and not like the rain as they weren't there and there was a couple of new additions to the group who were slower than me! I am sure not being last actually encouraged me to run faster in a strange sort of way!

After running lamp post to lamp post for a while we then played a game!

We all ran in a single line at a steady pace and the person at the back had to sprint as fast as they could to get to the front, when that person got to the front the new back person then did the same and we continued like this until we nearly died!  

I really enjoyed this game as it meant that no one was left behind as when sprinting you could go at your own "fast" pace instead of trying to keep up with the very fast sprinters in the club!

We ran a total of 3 very wet and windy miles before finishing off with the all important stretches - even though it was still wet, wet, wet!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment