"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Great North Swim

Sunday 23 February 2014

Great North Swim

... here I come!

Yesterday I booked an Open Water Swimming Course and I just happened to comment to the coach running the course that IF I enjoyed open water swimming I would like to do the Great North Swim in Windermere. 


Basically she said that it would be full by then and I was to book it NOW!  

So with several glasses of wine giving me the required braveness I went ahead and booked it last night!  

Did I book the shortest distance for my first open water swim?

NO!  of course not! 

I went for the one mile option so that I can see whether a half Ironman (which has the same swim distance) is really a viable option!


So with 16 weeks to go I best get swimming! 

I have 10 weeks to devote to my swimming once the Marathon is out the way!

Today has been a rest day THANKFULLY as the weather has been wild, very wet and windy! I wouldn't fancy running in it to be honest!  

Feeling smug that I have avoided it!





No comments:

Post a Comment