"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Hot on the trails

Saturday 17 May 2014

Hot on the trails

It was a very hot morning and with the bright sunshine coming through the window I woke up early despite being out last night!


After having breakfast I set off in the car to where I planned to start my run. I parked in a car park that has a big Aerial mast near it!  This was intentional so when I was running and became disorientated I could follow the mast to guide me back to the car! I get lost so easily I need these little landmarks! 

The aim was to do an 8 mile off road run!

There was no one else around when I set off and didn't see a soul during the entire run!  It was so peaceful! 



Every time I go off road running it surprises me how much harder it is than road running and my pace is much slower although I feel like I am putting more effort in!  However, the rewards of the views makes it all worthwhile.  

Today was exceptionally hard as it was very hot with no breeze but thankfully I had remembered my drink!  

I used the excuse to take photo's to have impromptu rests! 

I was pleased that there appeared to be no cows around BUT when I was on my way back a field had filled with cows in the space of an hour!  

The Farmer was obviously having a laugh and I had no choice but to brave it!  If the cows had been there on my outward run I would have gone a different way but now in order to retrieve my car I had to do it!

Luckily the cows obviously thought it was too hot too as they never moved as I ran passed them!!

I didn't quite manage my target 8 miles but did 6.35 miles at a very slow 11:31 minute mile pace!  That was up hills and across rocky terrain, all on a very hot day! (Good excuses!)

I really must stop comparing my pace to my on road pace!  It just doesn't work!


I will hopefully get some road running in tomorrow to remind my legs what it's like to go that bit faster!




No comments:

Post a Comment