"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: A hot, hard one!

Tuesday 17 June 2014

A hot, hard one!


After a very stressful day I really wasn't in the mood to go for a run this evening! 

I usually look forward to running to relieve the stress of the day, but this evening I felt so exhausted I hardly had the energy to lace up my trainers.

I'm not sure whether its the effects of giving blood last night or being exceptionally busy at work that was to blame for my state of mind!

Anyhow, usually I go to the Tri Club Running Club on a Tuesday night but after being made to feel like a crap cyclist last night I really didn't need to be made to feel like a crap runner too!  

I wasn't in the right frame of mind to run with fast runners and get left behind so I decided just to head out on my own and try and enjoy it instead!

This was my first run in a week as last week I was concentrating on my swimming and saving my energy for The Great North Swim!

Back to it tonight though and I expected to suffer for my lack of commitment and suffer I did!


It was exceptionally hot and muggy and for some inexplicable reason I decided to go on a trail run - on hills!!  

Nothing like punishing myself!

Anyhow, I wore shorts and a vest top and took a bottle of energy drink with me and I'm glad I did!  When I got home I looked like I had actually been swimming and not running and had drunk the entire bottle!

I did 4.81 very slow miles, but I did it!  

I don't feel particularly good for it but lets be positive I must feel better than I would have if I hadn't gone!

No more slacking from hereon in!  

Back to it as I have a Half Marathon to run on the 6th July!  

Not long to get my running legs back running!





No comments:

Post a Comment