"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: OW swim 3!

Thursday 5 June 2014

OW swim 3!

Another week and another swim in Lake Windermere, but this time wearing my own wetsuit!
















I had ordered one off the internet and surprisingly it appeared to fit well and felt comfortable.  However, just to be sure I asked the swim coach tonight at the training session to check the fit for me as I didn't want to make an expensive mistake. After a close inspection she also declared it a perfect fit!

I arrived at Lake Windermere at 6pm in time for registration and the safety briefing.

It was much colder out of the water this week and I felt chilled (and I don't mean in the relaxed sense!) even before I set foot in the lake!



However, once in the water it didn't feel any colder than last week although it was much rougher and fairly choppy.  Every time I turned my head to breath I got slapped in the face with a wave!

During the first 200 metre circuit I wanted to cry, give up and go home!  However I gave myself a good talking to - afterall I had just invested in a wetsuit, not the ideal time to decide OW wasn't for me!

However, once I calmed myself down and settled my breathing I felt a bit more comfortable!

I managed 6 laps of the circuit which is about 1200 metres or 0.75 mile.  That is 400 metres more than last week so I must be getting better!

That will probably be my last opportunity to swim in the lake before the Great North Swim on the 14th June! I just need to survive an additional 0.25 mile!


Feeling very nervous and scared sh**less! 

What was I thinking when I entered?  

I must lock my credit card away during wine o'clock in future!





No comments:

Post a Comment