"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Day 1 ... 16 weeks to go!

Monday 7 July 2014

Day 1 ... 16 weeks to go!

Brace yourselves, the posts about Marathon training are coming!
 
I am just about to commence with marathon training ... again! Despite saying NEVER again less than 3 months ago!  

I am feeling a mix of excitement and trepidation at the road ahead but I have done it twice before so I am sure I can do it again!

I am training towards Dublin Marathon which is on the 27th October 2014, exactly 16 weeks today!

Today is Week 1 Day 1 and thankfully a rest day!

However I did go to my usual Tri Club Swimming Session which I intend to keep up with as cross training!

My legs felt slightly heavy after yesterday's half marathon but they soon loosened up once I got in the water!
 Tonight's focus was on technique followed by an endurance pyramid.

I did 2000 Metres in total which is 1.24 miles or 80 lengths in 55:58:01 which is an average 2:15 min per 100m pace!

Quite pleased with that!

Tomorrow is run 1 out of 64 on the marathon training plan!





No comments:

Post a Comment