"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Grumpy all week!

Saturday 5 July 2014

Grumpy all week!

I haven't blogged this week as I have been feeling ever so slightly grumpy, and sorry for myself!  

I have had a streaming nose,sore eyes and a bad head all week and I couldn't decide whether it was hay fever or just a common cold!

I have come to the conclusion that it is a cold and thankfully it seems to be going although I am still slightly snotty and still feel lethargic!

I haven't done much exercise this week!  

I haven't had the inclination and with feeling so crap I have wanted to save my energy as I am running in Southport Half Marathon tomorrow!

On Wednesday evening I did manage a swim in the local pool and felt great after the first few lengths!  

It was amazingly quiet in the pool and I really enjoyed not having to dodge people!

I managed to swim 6 sets of 20 lengths with just a 20 seconds rest between each set!  Altogether that is 120 lengths, 3000 metres or 1.86 miles.

This swim lifted my spirits slightly but then when I got home and tried to upload my Garmin 910 to Garmin Connect it refused to play ball!  It kept saying "cannot sync!" which irritated me all over again!

After several emails back and forth to Garmin Support over the last few days today I finally managed to get it working again after following many very complicated instructions from Garmin Support!  It had best behave itself from now on as I don't want to go through that rigmarole again!

Today we went for a nice 4 mile walk up Hampsfell. 

The first section was on tough terrain, uphill, through woodland and on limestone uneven paths but the rewards were well worth it - the summit provided wonderful views to the Lakeland Fells, the Howgills and across Morecambe Bay.







As I mentioned earlier I am doing Southport Half Marathon tomorrow!  

After a week of feeling yuck, eating rubbish and moving very little I am not expecting any PBs!  

Just to get round and enjoy it will be good enough!  

I am certainly looking forward to my wine tomorrow evening! 





Check back tomorrow to see how I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment