"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 1 Run 1/64 in marathon plan!

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Week 1 Run 1/64 in marathon plan!

Today I did my first run on my marathon training plan!

I'm still full of cold/hay fever - not the best way to start my marathon training but at least it starts off with an easy week!

The plan stated a 4 mile easy run excluding a warm up and cool down!

It was a really warm evening and I stupidly forgot to take a drink with me!

I decided to go off road (probably not the best idea if it is hay fever I am suffering!)and even braved 2 fields full of cows! 

There was one field which had teenagers in who were racing on mini motorbikes (which I am sure is illegal)!  I felt worried for my own safety whilst I was running though this field as fast as I could as I was being circled by these idiots! 

I tried not to show my fear initially and then my delight when one of them took a corner too fast and came off!  This put a stop to their high jinx and feeling uncompassionate I didn't hang around to see if he was OK!

I got home without any more drama and had run 5.69 miles at an average 10.03 mile pace but this included navigating lots of stiles and gates!

I hope I feel a little better tomorrow for run 2 on the plan!

I am feeling extremely irritated yet again as my Garmin is playing silly buggers (again) and won't upload my run!  GGGRRRRR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment