"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Marathon Training Week 4 Commences - still in The Dominican Republic!

Monday 28 July 2014

Marathon Training Week 4 Commences - still in The Dominican Republic!

I got  up this morning at 6:15 am and headed out to do a 5 mile run as per my Marathon plan.

The plan actually stated a 4 mile run then a mile of speed intervals. 

Even though I have now been running in the heat and humidity for a week now I still don't feel ready, able or willing to practice speed intervals so I decided just to do 5 miles at a steady pace.

As usual I headed out to the golf course and had planned to do a double loop before returning back to the complex!

However, a guard soon put a stop to my gallop when I got to the golf course entrance as there was a barrier blocking my way and he shook his head and gesticulated for me to go back!

I take it I have been "illegally" running around the golf course and they have decided to stop this mad English woman once and for all!

I wasn't very happy and returned back towards the complex and went around the official jogging course a few times which I found mentally challenging as it is so boring!

However I still managed 5:75 miles at an average 9:31 minute mile pace.

I will try the golf course again tomorrow to see if they are serious about stopping me!  If they are I will have to suss out a new route for my remaining runs!

I had a shower before returning to my bed to rest for the hard day ahead!

Another day spent on the beach sunbathing, swimming, reading, eating and drinking. I'm beginning to get used to this life!  I'm not sure what I will do when faced with ironing, cooking, cleaning and all the other mundane tasks that usually fill my life!


At around 5 O'clock we decided to go for a walk along the beach.

We walked for 2 miles before heading back, making it a total of 4.1 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment