"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 3 Marathon Training Completed!

Sunday 27 July 2014

Week 3 Marathon Training Completed!

Today was a rest day from running as we went on a trip to Saona Island! This meant a very early get up as we were being collected by a coach half a mile away at 7am!

We were taken to the other side of the island  which was about an hour's drive away., This part of the island is surrounded by the Caribbean sea whereas where we are staying it is the Atlantic!

Once here we boarded a Kattermarang and we settled down to enjoy the cooling sea breeze and the fabulous scenery, whilst being served copious amounts of rum and coke!


Our first stop was after we had been sailing for about an hour and was on a sandbank in the ocean!.  Although we were in the middle of the sea, the water only came up to our knees which was very bizarre! This area was also home to lots of starfish which people picked up and photographed.  I was slightly wary of being bitten or stung ( I have no idea whether starfish do either of these) but since no one else appeared to have a problem I risked it too!


After about an hour we set sail again and sailed for another hour or so until we got to Saona island which is apparently where the bounty adverts are filmed! The beach was beautiful and the sea was very calm!

We had a couple hours here to explore, sunbath, swim and eat. The only negative thing was all the annoying beach sellers selling junk jewelry, souvenirs and cigars who wouldn't take no for an answer!  There was even woman pestering to give massages too!

However, despite this annoyance we relaxed and It seemed no time at all before we were getting back on the kattermarang and after hoisting the sails up again we set sail home.

We got back to our complex at 7pm, 12 hours after leaving  so it was a full and busy day, but very enjoyable and extremely relaxing!

I can't believe I have just completed week 3 of my marathon training plan whilst holidaying in the Dominican Republic! 

Although I haven't kept to the plan ridgedly I have managed to do the correct number of miles on the plan which I am so impressed with!  Never in a million years would I have thought I would do any running whilst on holiday and actually enjoy it too!

I feel quite saintly as not only have I run 5 times since getting here we have walked daily too! Hopefully I won't return home a stone heavier and very unfit like I usually do!

The scores on the doors for this week look a little like this:

Running: 25:60 miles

Walking: 21.06 miles

Swimming: lots in the sea but unknown distances!

The total miles for the week on my actual plan was 25 so I am dead on and very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment