"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Open Water Swim in the sun!

Thursday 10 July 2014

Open Water Swim in the sun!

 Tonight I went to the Open Water Swimming training in Lake Windermere!

It was a lovely calm and sunny evening so yet again I was surprised to find the lake quite choppy to swim in!

I think water skiers and boats on the opposite side of the lake are having a laugh every Thursday to see how many waves they can make during our swim!

The water temperature was almost tropical at a balmy (compared with in the past!) 17.5C.

However, after the first circuit due to the waves I was feeling fairly traumatised and was ready for getting out but I gave myself a good talking to and made myself keep going!

After this initial blip I settled into my stroke and managed a further 6 circuits totalling 0.94 miles!

I felt exceptionally dizzy and disorientated tonight when I got out, much more so than I have done in the past!  I am wondering whether this has anything to do with my hay fever which may be affecting my inner ear and balance!

However, despite the trauma's I still feel exceptionally privileged to live in such a beautiful area and to have the opportunity to swim in these surroundings on a weekly basis!




I have booked another Open Water 1 mile Swim event in Coniston Water on the 17th August! 

This will be very different for me as it is a deep water start and I have never swum in Coniston so I have no idea what to expect!

Must keep up the training and stay positive!




No comments:

Post a Comment