"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 1 Run 2/64 in marathon plan!

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Week 1 Run 2/64 in marathon plan!

Another very hot day today and another 4 mile easy run marked on the plan!

As I was going out this evening to celebrate my husbands birthday I had to fit a quick run in as soon as I got home from work in order that I was showered and changed in time to go out with my family!

Running at 4pm meant it was still very warm and the sun was still shining strongly!

I remembered my water bottle tonight (thankfully) and set off out in my shorts and vest to enjoy my run.

As I was short of time I opted to go for a road run as I can then just run from home rather than travelling to my start point!

When I first set off I struggled with the heat and my thoughts were instantly to cut the run short!  However, after the first mile or so I reminded myself to slow my pace as it was meant to be an easy run and then I seemed to settle down into it and it didn't feel as difficult!

In the end I ran 1/2 mile as a warm-up (although I was already very warm!!), then the 4 miles on the plan finishing off with 3/4 mile to cool down! 

All together I ran 5.25 miles at an average pace of 9:20 minute miles.

Not too bad considering the heat and the fact I am STILL suffering with hayfever and seem to be living on antihistamines and nasal spray at the moment!

Hopefully the sun will stay bright and beautiful tomorrow as it's swimming night in Lake Windermere!

No comments:

Post a Comment