"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 6 - Run 23/64 and A level Results

Thursday 14 August 2014

Week 6 - Run 23/64 and A level Results

Today was very stressful in our household as my daughter was awaiting her A Level results!

Thankfully she got what she needed to get into her first choice uni so that was a huge relief!

Whilst she went off celebrating in town with friends I decided to relieve all my pent-up emotion by going for a run!

The plan was for a 8 mile steady run keeping at an average 9:20 to 9:40 minute mile pace.

It was a lovely bright and sunny morning so I donned my vest top and shorts and headed out the door clutching my water bottle tightly!

I was experimenting with a different sports drink today and was feeling slightly nervous about whether it would have any adverse reaction to my stomach!

I have always used "High 5 Zero" tablets but so many people have recommended "Myprotein" products that I decided to give them a go!

I ordered some Tri Carb and Pre-pare to try! 

Just to be on the safe side I didn't want to try both things on the same day in case it didn't agree with me so today I opted to use Tri Carb in my water bottle!

I had a route in mind and tried just to run and not be so obsessed about my pace.

I felt really good and was thoroughly enjoying my run in the sun when at about 3 miles in the sky turned ominously dark and thunder rumbled through the air.

No sooner had I thought "Uh uh!" when I was being pelted with giant rain drops!  It came down so heavily and so suddenly that the roads couldn't cope with it and before long I was wading through floods!  As well as being soaked to the skin from the rain every time a car passed me by I was well and truly drenched with the tidal wave caused!

However, for some strange reason I found it amusing and kept on smiling!  The water got so deep at one point that I was beginning to worry about getting home so although I was still enjoying my run I decided to cut it short and change my planned route! 

However, by the time I neared home and had done about 6 miles the blue skies had returned and the rain stopped so I decided to finish what I had started and did a loop to make my distance up to 8 miles.

In total I did 8.60 miles at an average 9:01 minute mile pace which I was amazed and delighted with considering that I was wading through water for about a mile or so!

If the sun had remained shining down on me who knows what speed I could have achieved ... unless of course getting wet motivated my legs to go faster!

I had no adverse reaction from my new drink, so next I need to try the pre-pare!





No comments:

Post a Comment