"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 6 Run 22/64 plus the gym!

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Week 6 Run 22/64 plus the gym!

When I got up this morning it was a lovely bright but chilly day so I decided to head out for my run before it changed!

As I was planning to go up a local fell where its notorious for being cold and windy I decided to put a thin long sleeve top on over the top of my vest - just in case!

I drove to the lay-by which is only about 10 minutes away and set off for my first trail run in several weeks.

When I am running off road I seem to relax more and don't stress about the pace I am running - my prime goal is to stay upright, not to trip over rocks, not to slip in mud and to avoid cows!

Being open land you never quite know if or when you will come head to head with a cow so I always feel slightly anxious as I go over the brow of a hill or around a corner ... just in case!

Although I did come across cows on a couple of occasions today luckily for me they were easily avoided and I amended my route marginally to avoid going through them!

After about 2 miles I started to feel very hot so had to whip off my top and tie it around my waist!

I did 4.92 miles in total at a slow 11.07 minute mile pace but who cares? I enjoyed every second and didn't once look at my watch!

I really must do more off roading!

This afternoon I went to the gym to get a personalised fitness programme written! After chatting with the instructor about what I wanted to achieve I did my own thing in the gym and I need to go back next week to collect my programme to follow - once he has written it!

So in the gym I did 15 minutes on the watt bike that not only tells you how far you have cycled but also analyses your technique.  This confirmed what I already know - my technique is pants and I have more power in my right leg than my left! I managed 5 miles in 15 minutes.

After this I did 1.24 miles on the rowing machine, a mile on the cross trainer, 1.65 miles using the hand pedal machine as well as using the arm press and arm curl machines.

I'm not sure if I will become a gym lover but I will give it a go! 





No comments:

Post a Comment